Users were unable to connect to application with an error message “JBAS014516: Failed to acquire a permit WITHIN 5 MINUTES”
We had the following configurations in place.
1. As per the product vendor recommendation, we have increased the max-pool-size from 20 (default) to 100 but still the error had occur.
2. Though we have increased to 100, it might not be sufficient for our user base, to derive this value vendor is suggesting us to monitor the EJB connection pool through JConsole but unfortunately we could not set up this monitor.
3. we have set the JVM memory to 4 GB but the same is not reflecting in task manager.
4. We have modified this parameter as follows
rem # Reduce the RMI GCs to once per hour for Sun JVMs.
set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Djava.net.preferIPv6Stack=false"
Moreover there additional configurations being suggest by Vendor & Red Hat,
1. Modify module.xml file to define a dependency that allows the JBOSS connector module to use JMX Mbeans - Vednor
2. EJBs can use different pool configurations to allow finer control of the total number of each EJB type, however to find the suitable value for your environment, we would recommend testing. The default EJB pool can be disabled and EJBs will not use a pool, instead a new EJB instance will be created when a given thread needs to invoke a method on an EJB. - Red Hat
1. How to set up the JConsole to monitor a JBoss's (running as services instead of as a process via standalone.bat ) EJB connection pool? OR Is there any other free tools to monitor?
2. What are the parameters to be monitored in EJB connection pool?
3. Will it have an importance to reflect the JVM memory size in the task manager as 4 GB? If so, where to look in?
4. As per the documentation, JBoss JVM to prefer IPv4 but we have not enabled it. What will be the impact?
5. Any idea on the Vendor recommendation on module.xml file configuration changes?
6. As per the Red Hat, if we remove the bean-instance-pool-ref from the ejb3 subsystem, what will be the impact?
I hope, i have made myself clear if not please let me know if you have any other queries.