4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 2:11 PM by jamezp

Start Wildfly 10 Server fast?

vished

Dear all,

I have a final .war - file in the standalone/deployment - folder.

I would like to start the standalone - server fast. So I don´t want to deploy each time the .war - file.

How is it possible to exlude this? So the Wildfly Server will start with my application in ± 20 seconds?

Which settings should I change for that?

Thank you for any help.

• 1. Re: Start Wildfly 10 Server fast?
          wdfink

You might disable the deployment scanner or use management API to enable/disable the deployment each time.

But this depends on whether you have other applications which need to deploy if you start

• 2. Re: Start Wildfly 10 Server fast?
            vished

thank you for the quick response.

Where can I do this?

In which config file?

• 3. Re: Start Wildfly 10 Server fast?
              wdfink

Not on top of my head

Within the standalone.xml you have a subsystem deploy-scanner (or similar name) where you can enable or disable it.

An easy way is to start the server and use bin/jboss-cli.sh which start an interactive command line. Here yu have tab completion and a lot of help to find the correct attributes. This might be faster than reading the XSD files

• 4. Re: Start Wildfly 10 Server fast?
                jamezp

You can disable the default scanner in CLI with the following command.

/subsystem=deployment-scanner/scanner=default:write-attribute(name=scan-enabled, value=false)

Just replace "default" in the path if you have another deployment scanner enabled.

--

James R. Perkins