1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 29, 2009 7:44 PM by joaoferreirapires

RMI communication JBoss vs Tomcat

Dear all,

I’m a new player in the JBoss wonderful world, however I’m having an issue that I’m not getting around which as the following context.

1. We are using the JBoss server which is used by Documentum Content Server 6.5 SP2 as Java Method Server, and when we try to execute a job, which is a customized Java implementation under it, however there are problems related with our own RMI search implementation to find and create a socket with a customized service which is listening in the following port’s range [13700; 13800], because, based on the JBoss log files, the connection could not be established, not because of a specific error but, probably, because of timeout.

2. The same job has been executed under the Tomcat server, until now, without problems.

3. Because our Java implementation are using 1.6 as java version, we changed the JBoss java folder to user that version instead 1.5.

We need some technical advises to get around this issue, because we would like to use JBoss as Java Method Server instead Tomcat.

Any clues about this issue?

Best regards,
      João Ferreira Pires

• 1. Re: RMI communication JBoss vs Tomcat

"JoaoFerreiraPires" wrote:
          Dear all,

I'm a new player in the JBoss wonderful world, however I'm having an issue that I'm not getting around which as the following context.

1. We are using the JBoss server which is used by Documentum Content Server 6.5 SP2 as Java Method Server, and when we try to execute a job, which is a customized Java implementation under it, however there are problems related with our own RMI search implementation to find and create a socket with a customized service which is listening in the following port's range [13700; 13800], because, based on the JBoss log files, the connection could not be established, not because of a specific error but, probably, because of timeout.

2. The same job has been executed under the Tomcat server, until now, without problems.

3. Because our Java implementation are using 1.6 as java version, we changed the JBoss java folder to user that version instead 1.5.

We need some technical advises to get around this issue, because we would like to use JBoss as Java Method Server instead Tomcat.

Any clues about this issue?

Best regards,
          João Ferreira Pires