to answer your questions:
1. Fuse Tooling is currently not released for Mars nor Neon. That's why it is EA at the moment. The version you find as EA version is not the latest version and there are still bugs in it.
2. That will happen around August/September as part of the JBDSIS 9.0.2 if I remember it correctly. No fixed dates yet.
3. I fear there is no easy way around. You are working with an EA version. I'd suggest to stay with the latest released version of the tooling until we release the new version. There is also the option to try the latest nightly version from our nightly update site: JBoss Fuse Tooling - Integration Build Update Site: 8.0.0-SNAPSHOT.MASTER (but keep in mind it is the latest development state of the tooling and might be not stable)
Hope that helps,
Eclipse Mars was release quite time ago, I wander if its mean that Fuse tooling isn't in too high priority for Red Hot?
For the Mars version we did a major refactoring fixing long term complaints and adding new features. Til now we already resolved 300+ issues for this version and are yet not fully done. But I can already say that the Neon release will be out way faster.
Also if you want to make sure your problems already got fixed please send over a copy of your project to me. I can then test if I hit the same issues. Please also provide a more detailed explanation of the problems you encounter and how to reproduce.
I did try the latest fuse tooling from this link u mention http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/mars/integration/updates/integration-stack/fuse-tooling/8.0.0.MASTER/
I seem issue #1 was solved, but we can't find the Data Transformation Components that used to be under the Transformation group,
It was component that gave a UI tool to do mapping between 2 different object base on dozer mapper, is it was eliminate from the new jboss fuse tooling? or its a new defect?
I tried to reproduce your problem. I installed JBDS 9.1, then installed the EA Integration Stack from the "Updates" tab of the JBoss Central. After that I added the mentioned update site and installed/updated the Fuse Tooling.
After a restart of JBDS I opened up a Camel Context in the Editor and under the drawer "Transformation" I was able to select "Data Transformation" item which is what you looked for.
I did not test on Neon and I suppose that won't work due to several incompatibilities between the mars branch of the tooling and Eclipse Neon. We will setup a Neon branch with the latest codebase soon.
yes in 9.1 EA its exist, but in this version we have 2 major issues I reported on my first thread above:
- Anytime we change something in the canvass we must move to the source perspective in order it to be reflected, otherwise it will not save and the build will failed.
- Data transformation component not working, in runtime get error mapping xml not found
It is something that very easy to reproduce.
This why I tried the other link you put in your answer, their I see that the first issue was resolved but I didn't find the Data transformation component, so I wasn't able even to test the 2nd issue.
In our project we going widely used the jboss fuse tool by developing handouts of camel routes, I really hope this issues will be resolve soon and will have stable and effective tool to work with.
I'll be glad to hear on more stable version we can start work on and sooner is better,
Did you follow my instructions?
1. install JBDS 9.1
2. install Fuse Tooling via JBoss Central Update tab (you need to enable Early Access)
3. add the update site JBoss Fuse Tooling - Integration Build Update Site: 8.0.0-SNAPSHOT.MASTER
4. install Fuse Tooling from that update site
After the reboot you should have the latest codebase in your JBDS 9.1.
If that fails for some reason you can just wait a bit. We will most probably release a Beta3 version of the tooling early August as part of JBDS Integration Stack 9.0.1.
Any update, do have a more stable version for jboss fuse tooling?
an updated version of the tooling is planned to be released at the end of this week. That will be still a Beta version. The final release is planned for Sep 7.
We would really like to hear feedback / problems you encounter so we can improve that.
Will post a link to the latest version here once it has been released.
A new version of the JBoss Tool Integration Stack has been released yesterday. (9.0.1.GA)
This version contains Beta4 of the Fuse Tooling. You can install it via the Red Hat Central "Install / Update" tab.
# released components
# early access components
If you are already using an earlier version of the tooling inside JBDS(IS) then it should be just a matter of using Eclipse Update functions.