0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2016 9:39 AM by geoffry.roberts

Wildfly to a different purpose

geoffry.roberts

All,

I have a project for which I believe Wildfly will serve well but I have a couple of questions. 

1. I gather, unlike the JBoss I know from the past, Wildfly has it's own; written from scratch servlet container.  Is it safe to assume this container will run anything say Jetty will run?

2. I want to use the JAIN/SLEE subsystem that was/is a part of the Mobicents project.  I don't see it listed among the Wildfly components.  I do see it as a part of the RestComm project, which I understand has taken over Mobicents.  Is it safe to assume Wildfly will run any subsystem that JBoss AS can run?

btw

I don't want to use RestComm as is because it is highly focused on the world of VOIP.  I am doing something else.  I am looking to leverage the service building blocks ofd JSLEE along with their attendant capabilities to do a completely different thing.  I need to support REST calls that hand off to services where commit/rollback of transactions and asynchronous events are vital hence my interest in JSLEE.

I realize my questions might be out of the ordinary.

Thanks