5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2016 8:59 AM by J I

Retrieving Path Information

jfisherdev Novice

I have a directory under my WildFly home directory that I would like to define a path for and to be able to retrieve at runtime. I am running a WildFly 9.0.2 server in standalone mode.

The directory structure looks like this:

WILDFLY_HOME [jboss.home.dir]

|

| - custom

| - extras

| - standalone

I want the path to the "custom/extras" directory to be defined as a relative path to the jboss.home.dir path.

In the standalone.xml, I define a path to the "custom/extras" directory as a path that is relative to the jboss.home.dir path like this:

<paths>
           <path name="custom.extras.dir" relative-to="jboss.home.dir" path="/custom/extras"/>
      </paths>

What I want to know is how would I obtain this path information from an application at runtime?

As far as I know, named paths are not inherently registered as system properties, although jboss.home.dir and the other standard named are set as system properties. Ideally the path information would be accessible as a system property so one could do something like this to access path information:

void someMethod(){
           final Path extrasPath = Paths.get(System.getProperty("custom.extras.dir"));
      }

I would appreciate any information regarding whether or not it is possible to do this or if there is a better method to obtain this information.