1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 11, 2016 6:11 PM by alambley

WSDL Url customization?

alambley

I'm currently in the process of migrating my company's application server from to WildFly. I have all of my .war files deployed, but it seems that WildFly sets the URL to the .wsdl for each service differently than our last service. For example, say I have a MyAppData.war whose web service class is MyAppData. Therefore, WildFly decides to publish the wsdl at...

mysite:8080/MyAppData/MyAppData?wsdl

My frontend, however, is broken because it's looking for...

mysite:8080/MyAppData/MyAppDataService?wsdl;

Now I could rebuild my frontend to point to the new wsdl paths, but I was hoping that WildFly had some functionality that would allow to manipulate the wsdl path, and it seems to. Following Published WSDL customization - WildFly 10 - Project Documentation Editor very carefully, I added this to my standalone.xml at <subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:webservices:2.0"> ...

<modify-wsdl-address>true</modify-wsdl-address>

<wsdl-path-rewrite-rule>s/[MyAppData]+$/MyAppDataService/</wsdl-path-rewrite-rule>

Now, I know that this is working on some level because if I navigate to the wsdl, the very end says...

<wsdl:service name="MyAppDataService">        

<wsdl:port binding="tns:MyAppDataServiceSoapBinding" name="MyAppDataPort">
                     <soap:address location="mysite:8080/MyAppData/MyAppDataService"/>

</wsdl:port>

</wsdl:service>

However, this .wsdl is still being found at mysite:8080/MyAppData/MyAppData?wsdl and I'm getting a Not Found error at mysite:8080/MyAppData/MyAppDataService?wsdl. Is there a way to mess with WildFly so that it will actually host my webservice as explained above, or am I forced to rewrite my frontend?

As a quick note, I did the same process by placing a jboss-webservices.xml in MyAppData.war with the same results.