4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2016 2:07 AM by Osamu Nagano

sun.net.spi.nameservice.provider jboss-eap-6.3.3 not respected

Andrew Rampulla Newbie

I have been trying to replace the DNS provider in JBoss-EAP-6.3.3 for a few days now and I'm stuck.  I modified standalone.sh to include -Dsun.net.spi.nameservice.provider.1=dns,MyNameResolver and replaced the -jar jboss-modules.jar with

-cp "/opt/jboss-as/standalone/lib/ext/cachingdnsnameresolver.jar:/opt/jboss-as/jboss-modules.jar" org.jboss.modules.Main

Yet no matter what I do I cannot get the DNS resolver in my cachingdnsresolver.jar to get picked up.  When I the same thing with a simple java command line application I have no problem.

ava -Dsun.net.spi.nameservice.provider.1=dns,MyNameResolver  -cp cachingdnsnameresolver.jar:dnslookup-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar net.example.dnslookup.Main www.google.com

This then prints to STDOUT when my resolver's constructor is called, yet in JBoss I can't find this output anywhere.

Does anyone have any ideas on what this might be?  I'm assuming JBoss is messing with the security manager in some way to prevent loading of this class, but I couldn't figure out how.

Thanks in advance