2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2016 7:39 AM by mthenderson

jboss-helloworld-mdb Quickstart error

mthenderson

I've installed RedHat Jboss Developer and was attempting to run the jboss-helloworld-mdb example.  I configured the queue and topic and set my EAP&_HOME as instructed by  the Readme.md file.  However, when starting up the app server, I get the following error.

09:02:36,963 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-2) MSC000001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."jboss-helloworld-mdb.war".INSTALL: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."jboss-helloworld-mdb.war".INSTALL: WFLYSRV0153: Failed to process phase INSTALL of deployment "jboss-helloworld-mdb.war"
      at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:154)
      at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1948)
      at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1881)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
      Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WFLYEE0047: Incompatible conflicting binding at java:/queue/HELLOWORLDMDBQueue source: org.wildfly.extension.messaging.activemq.deployment.JMSDestinationDefinitionInjectionSource@951e1c1c
      at org.jboss.as.ee.component.deployers.ModuleJndiBindingProcessor.addJndiBinding(ModuleJndiBindingProcessor.java:238)
      at org.jboss.as.ee.component.deployers.ModuleJndiBindingProcessor$1.handle(ModuleJndiBindingProcessor.java:182)
      at org.jboss.as.ee.component.ClassDescriptionTraversal.run(ClassDescriptionTraversal.java:54)
      at org.jboss.as.ee.component.deployers.ModuleJndiBindingProcessor.processClassConfigurations(ModuleJndiBindingProcessor.java:186)
      at org.jboss.as.ee.component.deployers.ModuleJndiBindingProcessor.deploy(ModuleJndiBindingProcessor.java:143)
      at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:147)
      ... 5 more

09:02:36,966 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread) WFLYCTL0013: Operation ("deploy") failed - address: ([("deployment" => "jboss-helloworld-mdb.war")]) - failure description: {
      "WFLYCTL0080: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"jboss-helloworld-mdb.war\".INSTALL" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit.\"jboss-helloworld-mdb.war\".INSTALL: WFLYSRV0153: Failed to process phase INSTALL of deployment \"jboss-helloworld-mdb.war\"
      Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WFLYEE0047: Incompatible conflicting binding at java:/queue/HELLOWORLDMDBQueue source: org.wildfly.extension.messaging.activemq.deployment.JMSDestinationDefinitionInjectionSource@951e1c1c"},
      "WFLYCTL0180: Services with missing/unavailable dependencies" => [
        "jboss.deployment.unit.\"jboss-helloworld-mdb.war\".weld.weldClassIntrospector is missing [jboss.deployment.unit.\"jboss-helloworld-mdb.war\".beanmanager]",
        "jboss.deployment.unit.\"jboss-helloworld-mdb.war\".batch.environment is missing [jboss.deployment.unit.\"jboss-helloworld-mdb.war\".beanmanager]"
      ]
      }

I am unable to find a solution, and would appreciate some help.  Did I miss something in set up?

Thanks Mike

• 1. Re: jboss-helloworld-mdb Quickstart error
          rhopp

Hi Mike,

What server are you deploying to? And what version of the example are you trying? I just tried to deploy jboss-helloworld-mdb example (imported using Red Hat Central from latest Devstudio) into freshly installed EAP 7.0 and into WildFly 10 both with success.

Also are you sure you are starting the server with full profile (standalone-full.xml)?

Radim

Devstudio QE

• 2. Re: jboss-helloworld-mdb Quickstart error
            mthenderson

Radim

Yes running on EAP 7.0 using the standalone-full xml.  I was able to get it to work by removing the JMSDestinationDefinitions in the HelloWorldMDBServletClient.

Mike