0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2016 12:19 PM by sukeshpeddolla

How to Deploy an application Without outage in JBoss EAP 6.4 GA in Domain Mode

sukeshpeddolla

Hello ,

I have been trying to find different ways to deploy an application without outage in JBoss EAP 6.4 GA in domain Mode, but  I don't find any ways actually doesn't need extra infrastructure or new server groups to be created.

in our environment we don't use exploded deploy, deploy content will be stored on domain controller node content repository and copied to slave host's content repos.

when I tried to deploy an application (a.ear) while the cluster is being up and running and i see the content has been replaced in logs and the application doesn't respond.

Below are my questions:

1). For  code deploy, is there any way in JBoss domain mode to deploy the .ear to specific jvm (like keeping the particular host controller in maintenance mode or perform the code deploy to particular jvm) ..?

2). For DB changes, fir .e.g if i want to update connection pool settings for multiple data sources in one profile, how it can be done ..? if i bring down domain controller host and do the changes and when i bring it back all other host controllers will be in sync or since there were changes in doamin.xml all host controllers need to be restarted ..?

Please let em know how to achieve zero downtime in JBoss EAP domain mode application deploy if any one does and also we have plan to upgrade to JBoss EAP 7.0 GA in few days, is there a feature added in  JBoss EAP 7.0 GA which supports application deploy without an outage.

Thank you !