2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 10:02 AM by milspec

wildfly and yajsw: any success?

milspec

Hi all,

We've used yajsw window java service wrapper for a while now and I thought using it for wildfly would be straightforward.

Not quite. Getting the combination of 'app arguments' and java properties, quotes versus non-quotes, etc proved trickier than I expected.

The latest error:  when I set "-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.jboss.logmanager.LogManager" the jvm throws a classnotfound on the LogManager class. I tried hacking at a solution by manually adding the jar to the class path...

wrapper.java.classpath.1=${WILDFLY_HOME}/modules/system/layers/base/org/jboss/logmanager/main/jboss-logmanager-2.0.4.Final.jar

...but that failed (I reckon due to an unsatisfied dependency, but have not confirmed it). [I didn't want to start blindly adding every jar in the 'modules' directory to the classpath]

So some questions:

1)  Is anyone using yajsw?

2) If so could you post your wrapper conf file?

3) Any silver bullets for the 'LogManager' issue?

The wildfly-provided windows-service-manager installer looks straightforward. I will look into that next.

thanks

• 1. Re: wildfly and yajsw: any success?
          milspec

This post has a very fine example:

Start Windows service with different configuration

I had most of the same 'main yajsw.conf' settings already. Others, I wasn't so sure whether they were relevant ("wrapper.java.additional.2=-Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman")

Upshot: i'm still getting the LogManager error and looking into it.

• 2. Re: wildfly and yajsw: any success?
            milspec

HI all,

An update on this 'running wildfly 10.x under yajsw' issue

It looks like the example posted here  Start Windows service with different configuration  has the same problem w/ wildfly 10.1

[java] 16-10-24 08:52:08.890|INFO|10538/0|16-10-24 08:52:08.890|Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: WFLYLOG0078: The logging subsystem requires the log manager to be org.jboss.logmanager.LogManager. The subsystem has not be initialized and cannot be used. To use JBoss Log Manager you must add the system property "java.util.logging.manager" and set it to "org.jboss.logmanager.LogManager"

I've tried several tweaks to the yajsw conf to get around this problem (setting -Djava.util.logging.manager as wrapper.java.additional, setting -Djava.util.loggin as wrapper.app.parameter) but basically the same problem

will