I apologize for this as I am sure it is a frequent question but I have not found an answer. I have a JPA servlet that was running fine under Tomcat 6 with the persistence.xml under WEB-INF/classes/META-INF.
This file pointed to the db, specified the dialect, etc etc
When I moved the war file over to JBoss 5.0.1 I first discovered I needed to add the non-jta-provider element. Originally I pointed to defaultDS as the examples I did find depicted. I then received an error that indicating I could not have the hibernate jars under the web-inf/lib for the web service webapp (javax.persistence class casting). I removed all the hibernate jars from the local web-inf/lib. I next received an error indicating the dialect (MySQLDialect) could not be cast to Dialect. As it happens I also have a Seam application that uses the same logical database So I thought perhaps it was related to the datasource specification. I next changed that specification <non-jta-data-source> to point to the same ds that the seam app uses. I still have the same error about the dialect. Below is the specified persistence.xml. Would someone be kind enough to either paste a reference to a quick how-to move a j2se based jpa web app to jboss 5.0.1 or explain what it is that is wrong with the below file.
Here is the error:
DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
Deployment "persistence.unit:unitName=#CU3JPAPU" is missing the following dependencies:
Dependency "jboss.jca:name=UpdaterDatasource transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL",service=DataSourceBinding" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.jca:name=UpdaterDatasource transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL",service=DataSourceBinding' **")
DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
Deployment "jboss.jca:name=UpdaterDatasource transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL",service=DataSourceBinding" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.jca:name=UpdaterDatasource transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL",service=DataSourceBinding' **
Here is the persistence.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <persistence version="1.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/ ... ce_1_0.xsd"> <persistence-unit name="CU3JPAPU" transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL"> <provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider> <non-jta-data-source>java:/UpdaterDatasource transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL"</non-jta-data-source> <properties> <!--property name="jboss.entity.manager.factory.jndi.name" value="java:/UpdaterEntityManagerFactory"/--> <property name="hibernate.connection.username" value="me"/> <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class" value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"/> <property name="hibernate.connection.password" value="mypass"/> <property name="hibernate.connection.url" value="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/upd"/> <!--property name="hibernate.cache.provider_class" value="org.hibernate.cache.NoCacheProvider"/--> <property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect"/> <!--property name="hibernate.c3p0.min_size" value="5"/> <property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_size" value="50"/> <property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_statements" value="100"/> <property name="hibernate.c3p0.idle_test_period" value="3000"/> <property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_timeout" value="300"/> <property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="false"/> <property name="hibernate.format_sql" value="false"/--> </properties> </persistence-unit> </persistence>
This works fine in tomcat using effectively the same persistence.xml.
The non-jta-data-source element was added as I worked through all sorts of deployment issues ending here. Isn't there a simple way to do this. The application is resource-local as it bootstraps its own EntityManagerFactory from the static under Persistence. I did find a jira indicating it should work and was fixed but it doesn't appear to be to me.