4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2016 10:59 AM by benboss

start jboss 7 in --admin-only mode windows CLI

benboss

Hi there,

How do I start jboss 7 in --admin-only mode for windows.

For Linux I believe the syntax is /home]>jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/bin/standalone.sh --admin-only

I can't run a .sh file in windows and when I run jboss-as-7.0.0.Final\bin\standalone.conf.bat if get ERROR [stderr] Invalid option '--admin-only're

The JRE I'm using is

java version "1.7.0_79"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_79-b15)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.79-b02, mixed mode)

Is there a way to run jboss 7 in --admin-only mode ? for windows?

Thanks a lot

• 1. Re: start jboss 7 in --admin-only mode windows CLI
          ctomc

JBoss AS 7.0.0.Final or JBoss EAP 7.0.0.GA?

for running EAP7 you need JDK8, so I am assuming you are trying to run initial community release of AS 7, which is way older than 7.1.1...

app server works the same on linux and windows and so do all parameters you pass to it.

• 2. Re: start jboss 7 in --admin-only mode windows CLI
            benboss

Interesting, thank you very much for your help.

So attest to Tomaz's suggestion.

I needed to install Jboss 7.1.1 , just installing Java8 was not enough. it only stopped throwing an exception when I had jdk8 and jboss 7.1.1 installed.

Its no longer throwing an exception so I presume jboss must be running in admin only mode. Thanks again for your quick response and help.

C:\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final>cd bin

C:\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\bin>standalone --admin-only
            Calling "C:\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\bin\standalone.conf.bat"
            ===============================================================================

JBoss Bootstrap Environment

JBOSS_HOME: C:\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final

JAVA: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_112\bin\java

JAVA_OPTS: -XX:+TieredCompilation -Dprogram.name=standalone.bat -Xms64M -Xmx512M -XX:MaxP
            ient.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=
            ning=true -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman -Djboss.server.default.config=stand

===============================================================================

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256M; support was re
            11:39:44,089 INFO  [org.jboss.modules] JBoss Modules version 1.1.1.GA
            11:39:46,956 INFO  [org.jboss.msc] JBoss MSC version 1.0.2.GA
            11:39:47,079 INFO  [org.jboss.as] JBAS015899: JBoss AS 7.1.1.Final "Brontes" starting

• 3. Re: start jboss 7 in --admin-only mode windows CLI
              ctomc

Yes it does.

But you should know that AS7 does not work on JDK8 properly.

for more info on that see JBoss AS7 and JDK8

• 4. Re: start jboss 7 in --admin-only mode windows CLI
                benboss

You're right Jboss didn't start properly with JDK8 , So I switch it back to JDK7 and it started fully.

So a quick note for the the answer, running jboss 7.1.1 with JDK7 does allow jboss to start fully in --admin-only mode

Thanks to the conscientious response. It did help.