Hello, I am trying to create a timer sub process. I am new to Jbpm thus I will explain what I am trying to accomplish and see if there is a way to do that in Jboss bpm suit.
I edited this message because the explanation of what I was trying to accomplish was messy and confusing.
So my current business process is looking like this:
So what I want to accomplish is to send a notification to someone (for now it does not matter who or how it does it it could just be a script task) if the catching intermediate event signal has not caught a signal in X amount of time.
This should be a accomplish by a process which for now lets call it the "Timer process".
Requirements of the "Timer Process":
1. The "Timer Process" should be started by the Start Timer Signal.
2. It must send a notification after X amount of time.
3. The amount of the which the "Timer Process" waits before sending a notification should come form the Start Timer signal. Depending of the information which the start timer signal sends the timer should wait different amount of times.
4. The "Timer Process" should not send a notification if the Caught Signal is received before the X amount of time has passed.
5. the "Timer Process" must be able of handling multiple request and should send the appropriate notification to each request. Example :
In this business process we have 2 incoming signals. the "Timer Process" should be able to handle both of this incoming signals, without the process of one affecting the process of the other.
Do you know I can use a sub process to create something like this?
Also do you guys know how I can send information by using a signal?
I thought I would just give the assigned the appropriate variable to each signal (the throwing intermediate events signal and the start event Signal ).
Like this :
for the start timer signal (throwing intermediate events signal)
and for the start even signal
However when I do this I get this error:
Thanks for the answers.