2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2001 9:00 AM by pibakic

2.5 alpha problem

pibakic

Hi,

I'm moving from using vers. 2.2 to 2.5 alpha and getting the following error when trying to execute a part of my code;

java.io.InvalidClassException: javax.ejb.EJBException; Local class not compatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID=796770993296843510 local class serialVersionUID=-9219910240172116449

I know that it is because there is an inconsistency somewhere between the libraries that I am using but can't work out what exactly, any help would be greatly appreciated,
      thanks,

Pib.

• 1. Re: 2.5 alpha problem

Hi,

This looks like a serialization 'problem', or better: the system prevents you from having one.

As you are using a different version of the server, you use different versions of classes. Therefore the serialVersionUID has changed. This is detected by the JVM when loading the object. It gets an object with an old serialVersionUID and throws the exception.

Guess you'll have to delete the old serialized objects.

FE

• 2. Re: 2.5 alpha problem
            pibakic

Thanks for your help, the problem seemed to go away by itself in the end, so it could well be what you said, looks like Ill never know.

Thanks anyway,

Pib.