I have by example a daemon thread that works as follow

while( running ) {

doJob();

try {

Thread.sleep( fewTimes );

}

catch(InterruptedException e) {}

}

This daemon thread do a specific task at interval delay.

But when the users do some actions, i can wish to force the daemon thread to execute it's task, i call on the daemon thread a Thread.interrupt();

If the daemon thread is on the sleep, it will be interrupted and will execute doJob()

Issues comes from the doJob() method that can do some things like:

- EJB lookup through the JNDI

- EJB invocation on EJB remote stubs

But it seems that theses operations take care in some way of the interrupted (that means they are interruptible methods ?)

And i have spurious errors like

- NameNotFoundException : can't invoke lookup , status=WAITING (on a lookup invocation)

- EJBCLIENT000051: Cannot proceed with invocation since the locator StatefulEJBLocator  (on a stateful remote invocation)

I called a Thread.interrupted() before lookups and invocations for testing purpose but it can't be a usable workaround since it's not thread safe

I can't prevent the Thread.interrupt() after the flag was cleared and the lookup or invocation is executing.

So, did you know a way to do lookups and method invocation without take cares about the Thread.interrupt ?

If not, did you know a usable workaround ?

i have theses issues on existing applications for which i migrate for using a WildFly server.

Best regards,

Sébastien.