5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2017 8:43 AM by rick_wagner

how to use spring beans in Switchyard

chintan_jboss

Hi,

I am migrating my old jboss esb (jboss-soap-5) to switchyard. All our action classes are extending AbstractSpringAction class and loads Spring Application contexts. How can i load all my existing spring beans in Switchyard instead of converting all beans to CDI.

Thanks

Chintan

• 1. Re: how to use spring beans in Switchyard
          rick_wagner

Hi Chintan,
          This does not appear to be a good path forward (there will be problems, probably immediately and probably in the future.)  For the best future path, please consider using Wildfly-Camel (or Fuse on EAP). 
          You can use Spring DSL with either, but the very best way forward is to use Camel with Java DSL and make use of JEE facilities.
          Good Luck,
          Rick

• 2. Re: how to use spring beans in Switchyard
            chintan_jboss

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the guidance. I have below example from old jboss esb code, but

i am not able to map, which all components, i should use from switchyard in

order to work it end to end.

from web service client  we send Object Message to JMS Queue,  which is

received by ESB Action class and it process the message.

How can I implement similar implementation using Switchyard?

Thanks

Chintan

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 10:47 PM, rick_wagner <do-not-reply@jboss.com>

• 3. Re: how to use spring beans in Switchyard
              rick_wagner

Hi Chintan,

I'd recommend using Wildfly-Camel rather than SwitchYard.  It will have the best path forward.

(You could do this with SwitchYard, but this will be a short-term solution.  The best parts of SwitchYard are scheduled to be ported to Wildfly-Camel.  After that, the future direction will be Wildfly-Camel.)

If that's ok, there is a fairly easy way to accomplish what you have described.

- Get Wildfly

- Install Wildfly-Camel

- Study a few examples from Wildfly-Camel to see how it works.  The online community documentation is good.

- Study the 'camel-jms' example in Wildfly-Camel to see how to read and write to JMS.  It can be found at wildfly-camel-examples/camel-jms at master · wildfly-extras/wildfly-camel-examples · GitHub

- Study the 'camel-cxf-jaxws' example in Wildfly-Camel to see how to offer a web service interface to clients.  It can be found at wildfly-camel-examples/camel-cxf-jaxws at master · wildfly-extras/wildfly-camel-examples · GitHub

- Combine parts of those two examples to do what you need.  It should be relatively easy, once you understand how Wildfly-Camel works.

Good luck!

Rick

• 4. Re: how to use spring beans in Switchyard
                chintan_jboss

Hi Rick,

thanks for the reply. Web service is one of the functionalities, we are

having. Other functionalities like BPM, Rules,Quartz Scheduling, etc also

we are using. Can I still use Camel to achieve all of these functionalities?

thanks

chintan

• 5. Re: how to use spring beans in Switchyard
                  rick_wagner

Hi Chintan,

Yes, Camel is very versatile.  It will almost certainly offer good ways to use all of those.

If  you are doing this work commercially, you might consider buying a 'Fuse' entitlement from Red Hat.  That will allow you access to the latest productised bits and to the very responsive support team.  But the community bits should work well as a replacement for SOA-P also.  Camel is a great toolkit!

Regards,

Rick