1 Reply Latest reply on May 25, 2017 5:08 AM by Bartosz Majsak

Arquillian Container for Atlassian Applications

Mark Gibson Newbie

Hi, firstly let me introduce myself, I'm a senior software engineer for Adaptavist - we provide consultancy around Atlassian products (eg. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket), and also produce Atlassian Marketplace add-ons.

For sometime we've been experimenting with Arquillian for testing our Atlassian plugins inside the actual application (JIRA, Confluence, etc), and have created our own Arquillian container extension for Atlassian apps. It will convert your ShrinkWrapped deployment archive into a fully fledged Atlassian plugin and then install it via the UPM or QuickReload (if available).

I feel its now reached a state where it is mature and stable enough to share with anyone that may be interested.

The source can be found here:

Adaptavist / atlassian-arquillian-containers — Bitbucket

And the maven artifacts are available from our external maven repo (we haven't had chance to publish to a central repo yet):

https://nexus.adaptavist.com/content/repositories/external/

An example of how to use it within a real plugin can be found here:

Adaptavist / reference-plugin — Bitbucket

Any feedback and/or contributions would be most welcome.

Thanks

- Mark Gibson

• 1. Re: Arquillian Container for Atlassian Applications
          Bartosz Majsak Master

Hi Mark,

first of all apologies for the late response. I've been on holidays last few weeks.

It's truly awesome to see that Arquillian is used for testing Atlassian plugins.  That's been always our idea to leverage Arquillian as a testing platform / middleware and that's an awesome showcase for that.

I would be thrilled to spread the word about your great contribution on Arquillian website. Do you think we can work on the blog post together?

Cheers,

Bartosz