2 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2017 10:37 PM by thiago.presa

JGRP000006: failed accepting connection from peer: java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException when patching wildfly domain

thiago.presa

Hello,

I'm trying to patch a Wildfly 10.0.0.Final with the 10.1.0.Final patch, but I'm running into issues in one of my domain clusters.

I get the following stack trace when the node reboots:

18:16:19,065 WARN  [org.jgroups.protocols.TCP] (TcpServer.Acceptor [7600],null,null) JGRP000006: failed accepting connection from peer: java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException

at org.jgroups.stack.IpAddress.readFrom(IpAddress.java:218)

at org.jgroups.blocks.cs.TcpConnection.readPeerAddress(TcpConnection.java:268)

at org.jgroups.blocks.cs.TcpConnection.<init>(TcpConnection.java:54)

at org.jgroups.blocks.cs.TcpServer$Acceptor.handleAccept(TcpServer.java:119)

at org.jgroups.blocks.cs.TcpServer$Acceptor.run(TcpServer.java:104)

at org.jboss.as.clustering.jgroups.ClassLoaderThreadFactory.lambda$newThread$4(ClassLoaderThreadFactory.java:52)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I peeked at jgroups' code to try to understand what's going on. It is trying to parse an IP address that's coming from the network, but it's getting a negative byte when it was supposed to receive the size of the IP address. However, this happens shortly after a version compatibility check, so I suppose my usage is a valid one. Also, I have patched successfully other clusters, which puzzles me even more.

Could somebody throw some light on this?

Thanks in advance