I'm getting the following error in the Windows Application Log when stopping wildfly as service. This is happening on Windows 7 and on 2012R2
Faulting application name: wildfly-service.exe, version: 18.104.22.168, time stamp: 0x51543b9d
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23796, time stamp: 0x590296ce
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000005d1cb
Faulting process id: 0x3754
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2d96cd39ee0e3
Faulting application path: C:\wildfly-10.1.0.Final\bin\service\amd64\wildfly-service.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 38a9da1e-4560-11e7-a579-005056c00008
1) I'm just taking vanilla install of Wildfly 10.1
2) I've copied the docs\contrib\scripts\service directory to bin
3) Placed prunsrv.exe (version 22.214.171.124 in C:\wildfly-10.1.0.Final\bin\service)
5) Placing this service.bat in C:\wildfly-10.1.0.Final\bin\
6) Set JAVA_HOME to C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_131
7) set path to include C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_131\bin
8) set JBOSS_HOME to C:\wildfly-10.1.0.Final
The service seems to start and stop ok. If you weren't looking in the windows application event log then you would never know there was a problem.
Running service stop from cmd problem it says the Using the X86-64bit version of prunsrv is being used which is correct.
Is anyone else have this issue? What's interesting is that on my windows 7 box , I didn't get this issue the first time I stopped the service. It wasn't until I stopped the service a second time that this error appeared. It appeared first time of asking on my 2012R2 box.
As said has anyone seen this before and/or can anyone test my findings?
Thanks in advance