1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 31, 2017 4:44 PM by jamezp

Class-Path reference issue while deploying an EAR file

rrajendiran

Dear Friends,

When I deploy ECM.ear file which has many number of dependent jar files, I get the following error message.

16:26:42,555 WARN  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-8) Class Path entry log4j.jar in "/C:/CloudBus/mdm/9.0/bin/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/bin/content/ECM.ear/lib/xmlc-all-runtime.jar"  does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

I am getting the same error message for all the jar file that the ECM.ear file has. After the classpath reference issue on all jar files, I am getting the following error.

16:26:48,753 WARN  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS015893: Encountered invalid class name 'com.sun.jersey.core.impl.provider.entity.XMLRootElementProvider$App' for service type 'javax.ws.rs.ext.MessageBodyWriter'

Finall, at the end, I am getting the following error.

16:26:50,388 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-1) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."ECM.ear".POST_MODULE: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."ECM.ear".POST_MODULE: Failed to process phase POST_MODULE of deployment "ECM.ear"

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:119) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) [rt.jar:1.7.0_79]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) [rt.jar:1.7.0_79]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [rt.jar:1.7.0_79]

Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: JBAS011232: Only one JAX-RS Application Class allowed.  com.sun.jersey.api.core.servlet.WebAppResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.api.core.servlet.WebAppResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.api.core.ScanningResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.api.core.ClasspathResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.api.core.ClasspathResourceConfig com.tibco.mdm.integration.rest.MDMApplication com.sun.jersey.api.core.ApplicationAdapter com.sun.jersey.api.core.ScanningResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.api.core.PackagesResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.api.core.DefaultResourceConfig com.tibco.mdm.integration.rest.MDMApplication com.sun.jersey.api.core.ResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.api.core.ResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.api.core.ResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.api.core.servlet.WebAppResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.DeferredResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.api.core.DefaultResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.api.core.ClasspathResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.api.core.ClassNamesResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.api.core.ScanningResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.api.core.ApplicationAdapter com.sun.jersey.api.core.DefaultResourceConfig com.tibco.mdm.integration.rest.MDMApplication com.sun.jersey.api.core.ClassNamesResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.DeferredResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.api.core.PackagesResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.api.core.PackagesResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.DeferredResourceConfig com.sun.jersey.api.core.ApplicationAdapter com.sun.jersey.api.core.ClassNamesResourceConfig

at org.jboss.as.jaxrs.deployment.JaxrsScanningProcessor.scan(JaxrsScanningProcessor.java:209)

at org.jboss.as.jaxrs.deployment.JaxrsScanningProcessor.deploy(JaxrsScanningProcessor.java:101)

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:113) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

... 5 more

I am stuck here with my deployment failed which is affecting our DEV environment set-up. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Also I have attached the complete server.log file for your reference.

Thanks and Regards,

Raj

• 1. Re: Class-Path reference issue while deploying an EAR file
          jamezp

The warnings shouldn't really matter, but have a look at the Class-Path manifest entry. It shouldn't be required to have a Class-Path entry.

With regards to the error. How are you installing Jersey? If you're not using any Jersey specific objects, e.g. just using JAX-RS, then you should remove the dependency on Jersey.

--

James R. Perkins