0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2017 8:35 PM by gberish

What causes elusive: NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.remoting3.Remoting.createEndpoint()?

gberish

Many people have asked for help with this error:

javax.naming.NamingException: Failed to create remoting connection [Root exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.remoting3.Remoting.createEndpoint(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/xnio/OptionMap;)Lorg/jboss/remoting3/Endpoint;]

at

org.jboss.naming.remote.client.ClientUtil.namingException(ClientUtil.java:51)

at

org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactory.java:152)

at

javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)

But no request I can find ever provides a conclusive answer. Just suggestions to tinker with jars.

I believe that’s because there’s an inconsistency among all the many org.jboss.remoting3 packages included in different jars. (I know that's supposed to be impossibe, but I think it is. Can anyone confirm or correct that?

Here’s my code that throws the above error: (Note: I do NOT believe the error has anything to do with the Properties values.  Because until execution gets past the NoSuchMenthodError above those I don't think those are even read.)

My code is really just one line in one of my classes constuctor method.

constructor: {Context ctx = new InitialContext(this.env);}

// static member

final private Properties env = new Properties() {

{put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory"); 

put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "http-remoting://localhost:9990");

put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "myID"); 

put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "myPassword");

put("jboss.naming.client.ejb.context", true); 

}

};

/****************************************************

* myID & myPassword open the Admin GUI for wildfly *

* on localhost:9990                                *

****************************************************/

Because there were so many discussions about jars being the problem, I removed all jars from the Build path.

Then I ran my program till all ClassNotFoundException were gone.

First Error

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory]

Added jboss-remote-naming-1.0.7.final.jar to class path

Second Error

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:

org/jboss/logging/Logger

Added jboss-logging.jar

Third Error

org/xnio/Options

Added xnio-api-3.0.7.ga.jar

Fourth Error

org/jboss/remoting3/spi/ConnectionProviderFactory

Added jboss-remoting-3.jar

Fifth Error

org/jboss/ejb/client/EJBClientContextIdentifier

Added jboss-ejb-client-1.0.19.final.jar

FINAL AND FATAL ERROR

(Note: All NoClassDefFoundError have been cleared. Now it is a NoSuchMethodError)

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.remoting3.Remoting.createEndpoint(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/xnio/OptionMap;)Lorg/jboss/remoting3/Endpoint;]

Using Eclipse’s Project Explorer I verified:

1. jboss-remoting3.jar has the org.jboss.remoting3.Remoting Class.

2. And that Remoting Class has this Method:

public Endpoint createEndpoint (String, Executor, OptionMap)

Note: 3 parameter signature.

BUT the FINAL FATAL ERROR above calls

public Endpoint createEndpoint (String, OptionMap)

I.e. it calls for createEndpoint() with a 2-parameters signature. Hence the NoSuchMethodError.

Looking at the top lines in the stack trace, I guess

org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory.getInitialContext() is trying to call org.jboss.remoting3.Remoting.createEndpoint() using 2 parameters, but org.jboss.remoting3.Remoting only defines a createEndpoint() method with a 3-paramater signature.

Is that supposed to even be possible?

I mean to have one jar with the org.jboss.remoting3 package whose Remoting class has a createEndpoint() method with a 3-parameter signature, and another jar with the org.jboss.remoting3 package whose Remoting class has another createEndpoint() method with a 2-parameter signature?

HELP!

I mean do I need to look through every org.jboss.remoting3 package to find one whose Remoting class has a 2 parameter createEnpoint() method?

Or am I missing something important.

It seems like a good reason why there are so many questions posted about this error:

javax.naming.NamingException: Failed to create remoting connection [Root exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jboss.remoting3.Remoting.createEndpoint(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/xnio/OptionMap;)Lorg/jboss/remoting3/Endpoint;]

And why there is never a conclusive explanation or solution.

I mean getting an InitialContext from WildFly running on the same PC as the Java program should be pretty trivial.  And it hasn’t been.