I am investigating the best options for manage a list of wildfly instances in a cluster.
In this cluster, some wildfly instances will be active-active configuration and some instances are active-passive configuration. For an example, one application will be deployed as High availability singleton, and another application can be deployed as active-active configuration.
Without using any server management tool, the front-end will have a httpd/modcluster to direct requests to different instances.
Assuming I have four instances:
(1) instance #1 has application #1 deployed as HA singleton
(2) instance #2 has application #1 deployed as HA singleton
(3) instance #3 has application #2 deployed as active-active configuration
(4) instance #4 has application #2 deployed as active-active configuration
So I actually have one load balancer/modcluster, and the requests can be two categories, one for application #1, and other for application #2
(1) When a request is received at modcluster, can the modcluster detect the request and know to which instances the request will be send?
Is it possible that the modcluster will be confused to send the request to a wrong instance?
(2) In addition to the modcluster to redirect the requests, is there a need to have a server manager to manage these wildfly instances? What is the best option?