3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2017 9:09 AM by jbertram

Remote Clustered Hornetq JMS Provider - Weblogic Consumer

karthicktm

Hi,

We are currently using Clustered Hornetq grouped, which is JMS Provider and we consume message using Weblogic Server using Foreign Connection, where we use JNP lookup for connection.

But, the connection is happening to only one instance of Hornetq.

How i can consume from all the instance of Hornetq from Weblogic?

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Remote Clustered Hornetq JMS Provider - Weblogic Consumer
          jbertram

I believe that the JNP implementation supports multiple URLs.  However, even if it doesn't you should still be able to consume all the messages in a queue in the cluster just by connecting to one node assuming that you've configured a non-zero redistribution-delay.

Also, the connection factory you client looks up via JNDI should be using the default round-robin connection load-balancing policy so when you use the same connection factory to create multiple connections those connections should be distributed across the nodes in the cluster in a round-robin fashion.

• 2. Re: Remote Clustered Hornetq JMS Provider - Weblogic Consumer
            karthicktm

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the reply.

I have set redistribution-delay to zero. I will make some delay there.

I have one more query here. My weblogic consumer connects to the first instance of hornetq even though i have put comma separated with other instance of hornetq in Jndi URL. So, now what happening is, when the consumers are down ( weblogic goes down ), the messages coming to hornetq get distributed again across the instances and when the weblogic comes back to normal, only those messages in first instance of hornetq getting consumed and the messages in other instances of hornetq goes pending.

How i can configure this scenario?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Remote Clustered Hornetq JMS Provider - Weblogic Consumer
              jbertram

When all the messages of a queue in a cluster node are consumed but consumers are still attached then messages in that same queue from other nodes in the cluster which have no consumers will be redistributed to the node where the consumers are attached.

One thing to think about...If your load is so small that you're starving consumers then you may not need a cluster at all.  A single HornetQ node can handle millions of messages per second so it's quite possible you could use a single node and avoid all this extra configuration, testing, and management.  Have you actually conducted performance benchmarks which conclusively indicated that you needed more than one node?