3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2017 10:57 AM by Tom Jenkinson

Issue upgrading Narayana from 5.5.23.Final to 5.5.24.Final

Guillaume Smet Newbie

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade HIbernate OGM to the Narayana version used in WildFly 11 (5.5.30.Final).

Hibernate OGM was using a quite old 5.4.0.Final and after the upgrade I started to see this failure:

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.arjuna.ats.jta.common.JTAEnvironmentBean
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
      at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442)
      at com.arjuna.common.internal.util.propertyservice.BeanPopulator.getNamedInstance(BeanPopulator.java:82)
      ... 17 more

I narrowed this issue to changes between 5.5.23.Final (works OK) and 5.5.24.Final (fails). I tried to take a look at JIRA and at the commits leading to 5.5.24.Final but I couldn't find any useful information. Neither JIRA nor GitHub seems to contain any useful information about this version.

The issue is very easy to reproduce:

git clone git@github.com:gsmet/hibernate-ogm.git
      git checkout orm-5.2-upgrade
      mvn -Dtest=GridDialectOperationInvocationsTest clean test

(The test can be run directly in an IDE too, the tree can be seen here: GitHub - gsmet/hibernate-ogm at orm-5.2-upgrade )

Changing the version of Narayana to 5.5.23.Final in bom/pom.xml makes the issue go away.

It might be an issue with our configuration but it's really hard to track considering I don't have any clue about what changed between 5.5.23.Final and 5.5.24.Final.

Our configuration is in core/src/test/resources/jbossts-properties.xml .

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!