2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2019 2:41 AM by jaikiran

Illegal reflective access operation in Wildfly 10.1 with Java 9

omega09

I'm running Wildfly 10.1 with Java 9. When starting the server I get the following in the error output stream:

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred

WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.jboss.modules.ClassLoaderLocalLoader$1 (file:/D:/wildfly-10.1.0.Final/jboss-modules.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.getPackage(java.lang.String)

WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.jboss.modules.ClassLoaderLocalLoader$1

WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations

WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Probably because of the access changes in Java 9. What am I supposed to do about this?

Can provide additional info upon request.

• 1. Re: Illegal reflective access operation in Wildfly 10.1 with Java 9
          slominskir

I'm seeing a very similar message in Wildfly 16 with Java 11:

WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.jboss.invocation.proxy.AbstractProxyFactory$1 (jar:file:/C:/wildfly-16.0.0.Final/modules/system/layers/base/org/jboss/invocation/main/jboss-invocation-1.5.2.Final.jar!/) to method java.lang.Object.clone()

WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.jboss.invocation.proxy.AbstractProxyFactory$1

WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations

• 2. Re: Illegal reflective access operation in Wildfly 10.1 with Java 9
            jaikiran

slominskir  wrote:

I'm seeing a very similar message in Wildfly 16 with Java 11:

WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.jboss.invocation.proxy.AbstractProxyFactory$1 (jar:file:/C:/wildfly-16.0.0.Final/modules/system/layers/base/org/jboss/invocation/main/jboss-invocation-1.5.2.Final.jar!/) to method java.lang.Object.clone()

WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.jboss.invocation.proxy.AbstractProxyFactory$1

I have opened a JIRA [WFCORE-4514] ProxyMetadataSource breaks contract of ClassMetadataSource#getDeclaredMethods (resulting in "illegal refle…  with some details on why this is happening. Thank you for bringing this up here.

1 of 1 people found this helpful