3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2001 2:11 AM by foglesa

Interesting Issue with Jboss 3

foglesa

I ran accross an interesting issue in JBOSS 3.0 alpha, and wondered if anyone else has seen the same thing.

I have 2 ejb jars with cmp 2 beans in them. Individually both of these jars deploy fine. One of them when included in my ear will allow the ear to deploy, but when i add the other (which deploys fine alone) to the ear, the ear fails deployment.

Al

• 1. Re: Interesting Issue with Jboss 3
          danch1

OK, I'll bite. What error is reported?

• 2. Re: Interesting Issue with Jboss 3
            foglesa

Heh it is rather interesting. its an EJB-QL error. (Well in that module) Just to go over the testing I have done so far:

jar 1: CMP Entity Beans only - this was in the original ear. (1-1 relationship unidirectional)

jar 2: CMP Entity beans (1-many relationship unidrectional)

jar3: a combination of jar1 and jar2.

Ear: normally - War,
            EJBjars (cmp1.1 and session)
            jar1.

This way it deploys.

it also deploys with war, ejbjars, and jar2.

if I do either war, ejbjars, jar1, jar2, or war, ejbjars, jar3. I get the following NullPointer. (note jar1 has finders with EJBQL, jar2 only has findbyprimarykey finder.

[2001-11-16 19:03:59,020,ContainerFactory,ERROR] Could not deploy file:/C:/jboss-3.0.0alpha/deploy/Default/multideployer.ear/
            java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.ejbql.SQLTarget.(SQLTarget.java:75)
            at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCEJBQLFinderCommand.(JDBCEJBQLFinderCommand.java:50)
            at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCCommandFactory.createEJBQLFinderCommand(JDBCCommandFactory.java:99)
            at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCFindEntitiesCommand.start(JDBCFindEntitiesCommand.java:123)
            at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.cmp.jdbc.JDBCStoreManager.start(JDBCStoreManager.java:139)
            at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CMPPersistenceManager.start(CMPPersistenceManager.java:186)
            at org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.start(EntityContainer.java:404)
            at org.jboss.ejb.Application.start(Application.java:200)
            at org.jboss.ejb.ContainerFactory.deploy(ContainerFactory.java:381)
            at org.jboss.ejb.ContainerFactory.deploy(ContainerFactory.java:307)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
            at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
            at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
            at org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.startModules(J2eeDeployer.java:467)
            at org.jboss.deployment.scope.J2eeGlobalScopeDeployer.startApplication(J2eeGlobalScopeDeployer.java:343)
            at org.jboss.deployment.scope.J2eeGlobalScopeDeployer.deploy(J2eeGlobalScopeDeployer.java:296)
            at org.jboss.deployment.scope.J2eeGlobalScopeDeployer.deploy(J2eeGlobalScopeDeployer.java:246)
            at org.jboss.deployment.scope.J2eeGlobalScopeDeployer.deploy(J2eeGlobalScopeDeployer.java:233)
            at org.jboss.deployment.AutoDeployer.deploy(AutoDeployer.java:654)
            at org.jboss.deployment.AutoDeployer.run(AutoDeployer.java:327)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
            [2001-11-16 19:03:59,030,ServiceController,DEBUG] undeploying J2EE:service=EJB,jndiName=News from server
            [2001-11-16 19:03:59,030,ServiceController,DEBUG] undeploying J2EE:service=EJB,jndiName=Registration from server
            [2001-11-16 19:03:59,030,ServiceController,DEBUG] undeploying J2EE:service=EJB,jndiName=Demographics from server
            [2001-11-16 19:03:59,030,ServiceController,DEBUG] undeploying J2EE:service=EJB,jndiName=userActions from server
            [2001-11-16 19:03:59,030,ServiceController,DEBUG] undeploying J2EE:service=EJB,jndiName=Users from server
            [2001-11-16 19:03:59,040,J2eeGlobalScopeDeployer#Default,ERROR] Starting multideployer.ear failed!
            javax.management.RuntimeMBeanException: RuntimeException thrown in operation deploy
            at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1640)
            at org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.startModules(J2eeDeployer.java:467)
            at org.jboss.deployment.scope.J2eeGlobalScopeDeployer.startApplication(J2eeGlobalScopeDeployer.java:343)
            at org.jboss.deployment.scope.J2eeGlobalScopeDeployer.deploy(J2eeGlobalScopeDeployer.java:296)
            at org.jboss.deployment.scope.J2eeGlobalScopeDeployer.deploy(J2eeGlobalScopeDeployer.java:246)
            at org.jboss.deployment.scope.J2eeGlobalScopeDeployer.deploy(J2eeGlobalScopeDeployer.java:233)
            at org.jboss.deployment.AutoDeployer.deploy(AutoDeployer.java:654)
            at org.jboss.deployment.AutoDeployer.run(AutoDeployer.java:327)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Al

• 3. Re: Interesting Issue with Jboss 3
              foglesa

update:

Just for giggles I decided to try wrapping the call in SQLTarget (line 75) in a try catch block. and the beans all deploy fine. I havent been able to back trace where the root of this is yet... But it seems to happen whenever there are more than one ejb-relationships present.

Al