3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2018 12:58 AM by masterdany88

Deprecation of Errai JPA

saso5

In the recent PR I saw that Errai JPA will be removed in v5 - Removed dom4j dependency from core Errai by hrstoyanov · Pull Request #319 · errai/errai · GitHub

I assume this is referencing the docs.jboss.org/errai/latest/errai/reference/html_single/#sid-54493688?

Why isn't it marked deprecated? Is the recommended to use JsInterop instead?

• 1. Re: Deprecation of Errai JPA
          mbarkley

It is marked as deprecated in the docs for our recent releases: Errai Reference Guide

Unfortunately I've had issues publishing the docs for our latest release and snapshots. I'm working on a fix and I apologise for the confusion this has caused.

We do not have a specific replacement to recommend. The deprecation of Errai JPA is largely because we don't have the man-power to migrate it to use annotation processors. Using JsInterop with local storage would be my best suggestion.

• 2. Re: Deprecation of Errai JPA
            saso5

Max, thank you for the explanation, I just wish I known that a month ago when I used it

• 3. Re: Deprecation of Errai JPA
              masterdany88

So errai is slowly dying. What are the plans of switching off other features?