8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2002 10:47 AM by John Casebow

EJX

far Newbie

Is there somewhere a Jboss EJX that support ejb 2.0?

• 1. Re: EJX
          Andreas Schaefer Apprentice

EJX is deprecated and is not supported anymore.

Sorry - Andy

• 2. Re: EJX
            far Newbie

thanks for the reply
            ...strange! Jboss claims to the head of the heard but has no tools !

• 3. Re: EJX
              Andreas Schaefer Apprentice

Strange, you get an full-fledge application server and you still not satisfied !

Right now there is not standard for a management protocol (JSR-77 will provide this but no public release right now) and also for deployment (JSR-88).

Therefore we are waiting until this is public and then implement it.

Andy

• 4. XDoclet
                Marcus Brito Novice

I strongly suggest you to take a look at XDoclet ( http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net ). It takes care of generating your interfaces and deployment descriptors. Teaming with ant, you have a complete tool set for deployment.

• 5. Re: XDoclet
                  Martin Stepanek Newbie

Is it possible to generate fully EJB 2.0 compliant beans with XDoclet to use them with JBoss 3.0?

I've tried to create such beans with XDoclet, but I couldn't find the way, how to do it:
                  1) It didn't create local interfaces, even if there was a task for that.
                  2) It always declared persistent fields as variables instead as abstract setters and getters.

This was the reason why I moved to EJBCreator, although it doesn't offer such a freedom as XDoclet.

Martin

• 6. Re: XDoclet
                    Manuel Alzola Newbie

I´ve had no problems with local interfaces, only with relations. I´m told this are solved in current cvs. Another problem is jboss support for jbosscmp-jdbc.xml. Also solved in current cvs. I´m told release 1.1 will soon be available
                    Manuel Alzola

• 7. Re: XDoclet
                      Martin Stepanek Newbie

Thanx...

The local interfaces are OK -- it was my fault.

Oh my God, but I still can't comprehend, why instead of standard CMP 2.0 beans {0}Bean with getter and setter methods like

public abstract String getText();
                      public abstract void setText(String text);

I get some {0}CMP with

public java.lang.String text;

which is CMP 1.1 feature, not CMP 2.0 compliant.

Maybe I missed something, didn't I?
                      Maybe XDoclet isn't fully EJB 2.0 compliant...

Have a nice weekend
                      Martin

• 8. Re: EJX
                        John Casebow Newbie

> EJX is deprecated and is not supported anymore.
                        >
                        > Sorry - Andy

It might have been nice to update the docs at some point...