0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2018 12:15 PM by Ray Ramos

Using @EJB Causes JUnit to Fail, but tests still run and succeed on server side

Ray Ramos Newbie

I'm using the latest Arquillian universe version 1.1.15.2 and Wildfly remote container 2.1.0 final.

I have a test that injects a POJO using @Inject.  When I run the test, the test passes, green bar in JUnit.  From logging statements on the Wildfly server side, I can see the code is being executed.  So far so good.  Next, I introduce an @Stateless EJB using @EJB and write a new @Test.

Here comes the weird part.  Just the act of adding an EJB with @EJB breaks JUnit on the client.  I removed my second test method and left just the injected @EJB field.  My logging statements on the server side verify that nothing is null and works.  However, back in the Arquillian/JUnit client, the test explodes with a NPE.  It is as if JUnit core ends up running the @Test method also, after Arquillian returns from the server.  The dependencies are not injected by JUnit, and are null.

To be clear, @Inject and @EJB iare working in Wildfly and the code is running and working there.  After the test runs in Wildfly, the test later breaks in the client.  Googling around I can't find a hint.  Please advise and thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: Ray Ramos Found the problem.  Project was configured to use "arquillian-junit-standalone" instead of "arquillian-junit".  I'm not sure why the introduction of @EJB started the breakage, but using the container aware "arquillian-junit" and resolved the issue.