1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 26, 2001 3:52 PM by mrminutia

Inner classes

mrminutia

I have a couple of EJB's that use inner classes as data objects. WebLogic is okay with this and I cannot find anything explicit in the EJB specification preventing this design.

However...

JBoss 2.4.3 tells me, at deploy-time in the [Verifier], that I'm attempting to reference the implementation class (eg. MyBean) when I'm referencing the inner class (eg MyBeansDAO).

<2001-11-26 13:34:02,418> [Verifier] java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access class com.hoteltools.visitplan.VisitPlanBean$TAMasterDAO from class com.hoteltools.visitplan.VisitPlanBean

TAMasterDAO is simply a private inner class of the VisitPlanBean. Is this something that JBoss is explicitly trying to prevent? I know private static inner classes are allowed...heck, they were part of a topic at JavaOne! I really don't want to make this guy private, though.

Is this a limitation in the implementation of the JBoss container or am I doing something wrong?

Jesse

• 1. Re: Inner classes
          mrminutia

To clarify, I instaniate the fields at declaration. If I move this to someplace else, I don't get the error at deployment...but, I do get it eventually.

Jesse