3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2018 9:42 AM by patpai

Configuring second instance of Jboss

patpai

Good morning

I am new to JBoss, and i'm just trying to configure a second instance on a different port.

So far, i have 1 successful install running on port 8080:

I was able to figure out that i need the following command line done to start another instance (correct me if i'm wrong starting at this stage ) (i run this from the JBoss\bin folder)

standalone.bat -Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=110

If i understand this correctly, this should start a second instance off of the first one (at port 8080) so i should eventually get this instance to work on port: 8990? is this correct so far?

After, how can i test this new instance to see if it installed properly or not?

Thank you very much for the help guys, i cant wait to get this going

Patrick

• 1. Re: Configuring second instance of Jboss
          abhijithumbe

If you are trying to start another server instance from same installation then you should create another copy of standalone directory and name it as 'standalone-2' then use below option along with port-offset option to start server from standalone-2 directory

standalone.sh[.bat]  -Djboss.server.base.dir=/path/to/standalone-2 -Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=110

With this command send server will be running on 8190 port.

• 2. Re: Configuring second instance of Jboss
            sshashan

The one which is running is the default standalone server, if you want your second standalone server to have same functionality then you can simply copy the standalone.xml present under configuration directory to any other file say standalone-node2.xml , and change the port offset in the file or pass it in the command line and start the server using -c option .

OPTION1:

./standalone.sh -c standalone-node.xml  => when port offset is defined in the xml file.

OPTION2:

./standalone.sh -c  standalone-node.xml -Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=110

• 3. Re: Configuring second instance of Jboss
              patpai

Good morning,

Thank you very much for your replies, unfortunately, i cant seam to have any of them to work right now.

So lets just start with Abhijit's reply....

So i made a copy of the standalone folder, renamed to standalone2.

Went back to JBoss\bin to activate the standalone.bat file, and here is what i typed:

standalone.bat -Djboss.server.base.dir=C:\Adobe\Adobe_Experience_Manager_Forms\Author\jboss\standalone2\ -Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=110

But when i activate this, i get after a few seconds, some <missing> dependents [service jboss.deployment.subunit."adobe-livecycle-jboss.ear".um.war".install

and i get a few of those lines. and at some point, it just stays there and nothing else happens. If i close the cmd window and see if i can access 8190, it just tells me this is not available. If i go to the deployment folder, i can see 7 files, and one that says:

adobe-livecycle-jboss.ear.failed (dunno if this helps)

Was the syntax event correct at this point? or maybe the way i start the standalone file? maybe i don't need to go back to the \BIN folder??

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong here?

Again thank you so much for all your help, i just need to see if what im doing the right steps to get this second instance started.

Patrick