1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2018 5:05 AM by Michal Petrov

RichFaces + Mobile

Igor Entaltsev Newbie

Hello,

I am a front-end web dev who needs to make a project at work responsive. The situation is such that the project uses richfaces 3.3.1.

I have googled around and found this article ( Getting Started With Mobile RichFaces ), however it talks about RichFaces 4, not the 3x version that my projects uses.

Moreover, this article (RichFaces Migration Guide. 3.3.x - 4.x Migration. ) is talking about migrating to Richfaces 4.

Am I correct to assume that migration from v3 to v4 must come before making any attempts to make the project responsive?

Is it difficult to make v3.3.1 responsive? I have tried to make a rich:toolBar responsive, but it uses <table> and so far I haven't found a way to make it render <div>s/

Also resultant DOM structure doesn't correspond to that used by Bootstrap.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: RichFaces + Mobile
          Michal Petrov Master

igoryen  wrote:

Am I correct to assume that migration from v3 to v4 must come before making any attempts to make the project responsive?

Pretty much. I mean RF 3.3.1 is almost 10 years old, back then responsive layout wasn't a thing. As for making the toolbar render as a div - the only way to do that would be to modify the source code, which isn't very difficult but you're still better off migrating.