2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2018 9:53 AM by gir489

Wildfly 12-CR1 hibernate cache control issue.

gir489

I saw that 12 is "out" now, and since production is still on 10, and local testing is still on 11, I didn't see a reason why I shouldn't test out 12 for the community.

The only thing it "complains" about is:

09:22:49,860 WARN  [infinispan] WFLYCLINF0004: The 'strategy' attribute of the 'eviction' element is no longer supported and will be ignored

09:22:49,861 WARN  [infinispan] WFLYCLINF0004: The 'strategy' attribute of the 'eviction' element is no longer supported and will be ignored

It's complaining about the following configuration:

<cache-container name="hibernate" default-cache="local-query" module="org.hibernate.infinispan">

<local-cache name="entity">

<transaction mode="NON_XA"/>

<eviction strategy="LRU" max-entries="10000"/>

<expiration max-idle="100000"/>

</local-cache>

<local-cache name="local-query">

<eviction strategy="LRU" max-entries="10000"/>

</local-cache>

<local-cache name="timestamps"/>

</cache-container>

I don't use the hibernate cache integration thing, so I don't know what this is for, or even if I should care.

I looked in the supplied standalone.xml, and it showed the following example for hibernate cache container:

<cache-container name="hibernate" module="org.infinispan.hibernate-cache">

<local-cache name="entity">

<transaction mode="NON_XA"/>

<object-memory size="10000"/>

</local-cache>

<local-cache name="local-query">

<object-memory size="10000"/>

</local-cache>

<local-cache name="timestamps"/>

</cache-container>

However, when I use this configuration, it results in a failure during the bootstrap phase:

09:57:59,287 ERROR [server] WFLYSRV0055: Caught exception during boot: org.jboss.as.controller.persistence.ConfigurationPersistenceException: WFLYCTL0085: Failed to parse configuration

For now I've just reverted back to our Wildfly 11 config, and allowed it to throw warnings while I do regression testing for 11 -> 12. I just wanted to know why this warning was showing/what to do about it/should I care.

• 1. Re: Wildfly 12-CR1 hibernate cache control issue.
          jaikiran

However, when I use this configuration, it results in a failure during the bootstrap phase:

09:57:59,287 ERROR [server] WFLYSRV0055: Caught exception during boot: org.jboss.as.controller.persistence.ConfigurationPersistenceException: WFLYCTL0085: Failed to parse configuration

When you changed that section above in your standalone configuration, did you also make sure that the version of the subsystem's element declaration was upgraded to use the newer version that's available in WildFly 12?

• 2. Re: Wildfly 12-CR1 hibernate cache control issue.
            gir489

That fixed it. Copying the entire subsytem over from the new configuration made it stop complaining.