2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2018 9:24 AM by hanny.kmt

I need to migrate Jboss 5.1 to WildFly 10 please help/suggest me on this

hanny.kmt

Hi,

I need to migrate Jboss to WildFly please help/suggest me on this. 

Below is my current project details- 

JBoss 5.1
      JDK 6
      EJB 3
      Hibernate 3
      Oracle 11g 

Thank you in advance! 

• 1. Re: I need to migrate Jboss 5.1 to WildFly 10 please help/suggest me on this
          gir489

I migrated our project from JBoss 4/Java 5 to Wildfly 10/Java 8, but what I found was there isn't much different in terms of the configuration  between JBoss 4 and 10. However, the changes between Wildfly 10 and 11 are quite noticeable. You can run a Wildfly 10 configuration on 11, I didn't try it on 12, but I'd presume if you're not using Elytron, it will complain.

So, first thing's first, is you want to make sure if you're using an EAR/WAR, that you remove dependencies that Wildfly already uses, and just make Wildfly wire them in to your project. For example, you mentioned Hibernate. Wildfly comes with Hibernate, so instead of including the hibernate JARs in your lib folder, you'll have your MANIFEST.MF file just have a Dependencies: line for class space. You can find some documentation on integrating Hibernate here: Using latest Hibernate ORM within WildFly

You will want to do this, because wiring in two JARs of the same project can cause collisions with Wildfly. I noticed it a lot with log4J and caused phantom errors.

Second, you're going to want to spec out your integration tests, mostly how things work before, and how things will work with Wildfly.

A lot of this will just be dealing with configuration errors, but it's fairly well documented in their Wildfly 10 documentation. Documentation - WildFly 10 - Project Documentation Editor

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I need to migrate Jboss 5.1 to WildFly 10 please help/suggest me on this
            hanny.kmt

First of all big thanks for giving the quick response !!!

I am happy with your post, but can you please share a step by step configurations/checklists to migrate with Wildfly 10 from JBoss 5.1?

As I found somewhere a checklist link for JBoss 5 to 7 (https://sylvainleroy.com/2017/07/06/How-to-migrate-from-JBoss-5-to-7/ ). Like way It would be easy if we have a checklist for JBoss 5.1 to Wildfly 10.

Also get this link (https://dzone.com/articles/jboss-5-7-11-steps)

So here I am confusing that what exactly need to do.