1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 22, 2018 12:17 PM by mchoma

Wildfly LDAP login from java webapp

nalmeida-1

Hi people,

I want to add a login feature to my web portal using a form embedded in my index page.

The form invoke a JSF actionlistener that validate the user and return the outcome to the next page...

I want to validate the users against a LDAP server but I dont want to do explicit in the java code, I would like to use the JBoss subsystem to do that so in the standalone.xml I defined a security domain:     

<security-domain name="LOCAL_LDAP" cache-type="default">

<authentication>

<login-module code="LdapExtended" flag="required">

<module-option name="java.naming.factory.initial" value="com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory"/>

<module-option name="java.naming.provider.url" value="ldap://localhost:10389"/>

<module-option name="java.naming.security.authentication" value="simple"/>

<module-option name="bindDN" value="uid=admin,ou=system"/>

<module-option name="bindCredential" value="password"/>

<module-option name="baseCtxDN" value="o=canarias.org,c=es"/>

<module-option name="baseFilter" value="(uid={0})"/>

<module-option name="searchScope" value="SUBTREE_SCOPE"/>

<module-option name="throwValidateError" value="true"/>

<module-option name="allowEmptyPasswords" value="false"/>

<module-option name="roleRecursion" value="1"/>

<module-option name="defaultRole" value="GCID"/>

</login-module>

</authentication>

</security-domain>

then I add it to my webapp:

<jboss-web> 

<security-domain flushOnSessionInvalidation="true">LOCAL_LDAP</security-domain> 

</jboss-web> 

All examples I saw uses the web.xml to define a security login but I want to call it directly from my java code.

User load index page, fill the user and password, the form action validates the user, then load the principal. I dont want to provide a specific form like form login do.

A don't want to pass any value to my webapp because I want to deploy it in a large number of locations so I want to delegate the config to the JBoss standalone file.

It's possible to do that?

Thanks you very much,

Nestor Almeida.