2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2008 10:18 AM by jagdeep

port 5446

Hi,
      Is there a way to configure ports for JON? or a listing of ports JON uses?
      I have two apps which I start using the sample config file provided in Jboss. So I use the default port config for one app and 'ports-01' config in another.
      The ports-01 config also uses the port 5446, as does the JON server. Thus starting the server the application through JON does not work.

While (I think) I can get around this by using another default config like 'ports-02', in the future I was intending to use 3 applications, so it might start becoming problematic when N instance of Jboss application servers need to be run.

Thanks,
      Jagdeep

• 1. Re: port 5446
          pilhuhn

Hello,
          have a look at rhq-server.properties within the bin/ directory of the server distribution:

rhq.server.startup.unifiedinvoker.port=5446

I don't know though what this is for :-)

Usually in larger configurations, we don't recommend running other servers on the JBossON server machine, so this would not apply then.

Heiko

• 2. Re: port 5446

Sounds good...yes, I have everything set up in my local box since I am only evaluating JON...I can get around by chaning my default port config for my applications.
            Thanks,
            Jagdeep