1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2018 5:29 AM by mkouba

Implementing a TransactionServices for Java SE - question about AfterCompletion

steappe

I'm currently implementing a solution to leverage the transactional event facilities of CDI in Java SE.

I've implemented:

• A TransactionServices class and made sure it's loaded via the ServiceLoader
      • A UserTransaction class
      • A Transactional interceptor

And I have added the weld-jta module to my project.

Everything is fine until I invoke afterCompletion() of the synchronization observer.

Test conditions:

I have one method that fires an event:

@Transactional
      private void
      onInit(@Observes @Initialized(ApplicationScoped.class) Object event) {

LOGGER.info("firing event");

events.fire("hello");

LOGGER.info("event fired");

}

And I have an observer method that is transactional:

@Transactional
      private void
      onEvent(@Observes(during = TransactionPhase.AFTER_SUCCESS) String event) {

LOGGER.info(() -> String.format("event received after success: %s", event));

}

When afterCompletion is invoked, the transaction related to 'onInit' is committed. A new transaction is started when the observer method is invoked.

When the observer method returns, the later transaction (related to 'onEvent' is committed). But then, a new event is fired again and it's value is null, and in the logs I can see:

InfraUserTransaction - begin new transaction

TransactionTest - firing event

TransactionTest - event fired

InfraUserTransaction - committing transaction

InfraUserTransaction - transaction committed

InfraUserTransaction - notifying after completion - STATUS_COMMITTED

InfraUserTransaction - begin new transaction

TransactionTest - event received after success: hello

InfraUserTransaction - committing transaction

InfraUserTransaction - transaction committed

InfraUserTransaction - notifying after completion - STATUS_COMMITTED

ERROR Event - WELD-000401: Failure while notifying an observer [BackedAnnotatedMethod] private steappe.production.application.TransactionTest.onEvent(@Observes String) of event null.

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method steappe.production.application.TransactionTest.onEvent(Ljava/lang/String;)V from class steappe.production.application.TransactionTest$Proxy$_$$_WeldSubclass

InfraUserTransaction - after completion notified

InfraUserTransaction - after completion notified

As you can see, the list of events to distribute after the completion of the first commit seems to contain some remaining of the first distributed event. Then, after the second commit, WELD tries to distribute this event again.

Did I do something wrong? Or is there a bug in WELD?