3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2018 8:29 AM by vamshi1413

What are the variables to set when upgrade JDK for Wildfly 11

aiya0933

Hi all,

Recently i did an JDK upgrade from jdk1.8.0_162 to jdk1.8.0_172 for my wildfly 11 app server. However I noticed that the server.log file still captures the previous JDK version.

1) Can i check apart from setting the system variables the new JDK version and restart the server, where else should I update to reflect the latest java version?

2) Noticed there's a default java.exe, javaw.exe and javaws.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath, is this path safe to remove from system variables? Reason being I only want Wildfly 11 to point to the java folder that i have specify (i.e. C:\java\jdk1.8.0_172\bin).

Extracts from server.log

===================================

java.library.path = C:\java\jdk\bin;C:\windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;C:\java\jdk1.8.0_162\bin;C:\Wildfly\wildfly-11.0.0.Final\wildfly-11.0.0.Final\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\java\jdk;C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;C:\windows\System32\Wbem;C:\windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Wildfly\wildfly-11.0.0.Final\wildfly-11.0.0.Final\bin;;.

====================================

Appreciate any kind advice.

Tks,

Angela