3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2018 6:35 PM by wordlsendless

Am I hitting a max limit for my Wildfly standalones?

wordlsendless

I have a Wildfly 10.1 deployment that is almost totally out-of-the-box. I find that when I had a 7th war to its standalone deployment, however, I start playing wack-a-mole with one or another of the deployments failing to deploy (apparently at random). My server's wildfly console.log reports errors like the following:

[0m [31m10:47:36,298 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread) WFLYCTL0013: Operation ("deploy") failed - address: ([("deployment" => "fttv.war")]) - failure description: {"WFLYCTL0080: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"fttv.war\".STRUCTURE" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit.\"fttv.war\".STRUCTURE: WFLYSRV0153: Failed to process phase STRUCTURE of deployment \"fttv.war\"

Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: WFLYUT0048: Failed to process WEB-INF/lib: \"/content/fttv.war/WEB-INF/lib/fttv.jar\"

Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: WFLYUT0048: Failed to process WEB-INF/lib: \"/content/fttv.war/WEB-INF/lib/fttv.jar\"

Caused by: java.io.IOException: No space left on device"}}

However, we recently increased the memory on the server and now I see the following:

# free -h
                   total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
      Mem:           15G        12G       3.0G        27M       827M       5.3G
      -/+ buffers/cache:       6.5G       9.1G
      Swap:         3.7G       2.5M       3.7G

My standalone.conf includes the following:

if [ "x$JAVA_OPTS" = "x" ]; then
         JAVA_OPTS="-Xms8g -Xmx14g -XX:MetaspaceSize=96M -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=512m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true"
         JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=$JBOSS_MODULES_SYSTEM_PKGS -Djava.awt.headless=true"
      else
         echo "JAVA_OPTS already set in environment; overriding default settings with values: $JAVA_OPTS"
      fi

And yet, whenever I add one more war to the structure I start to see deployments fail. What am I missing?