0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2018 3:56 PM by pkgudipati

How to enable jmx monitoring for 6.4.0 EAP

pkgudipati

Hi,

We are able to see mbeans through jconsole of our local machines.

But how to enable jmx port  so that remote machines(from the same network) can access my local mbeans?

Step 1:

I have tried the following jvm arguments.

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Djavax.management.builder.initial=org.jboss.system.server.jmx.MBeanServerBuilderImpl"

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true"

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=9999"

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false"

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false"

it gives following ClassNotFoundError for MBeanServerBuilderImpl.

Step 2:

Then, I skipped the folllowing JVM argument,

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Djavax.management.builder.initial=org.jboss.system.server.jmx.MBeanServerBuilderImpl"

I am getting the following LogManager error.

Step 3:

I have googled and found that to initialize the LogManager, I need to define LogManager class in jvm arguments and also define its classpath.

So, I added the following jvm arguments.

set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.jboss.logmanager.LogManager"

set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xbootclasspath/p:C:\Imp\JBOSS\jboss-eap-6.4.0\jboss-eap-6.4\modules\system\layers\base\org\jboss\logmanager\main\jboss-logmanager-1.5.4.Final-redhat-1.jar"

Now, I am successfully able to start the JBOSS server.

I can also access the mbeans from my local jconsole, but remote machines cannot access my mbeans which are exposed.

I am trying the following URL from a remote machine which is on the same network.

"service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://myHostName:9050/jmxrmi"

I am getting the following error.

com.pega.jmx.ui.util.JMXClientException: Cannot connect to the server with specified settings

Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: lgudipwin; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]

Please let me know If I am missing something.