0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2018 1:57 PM by collin27

Context-root is set to '/' when deployed on any created server other than default-server [WildFly 12]

collin27

Hi,

I am facing a very strange issue. Currently, I have upgraded to WildFly 12. I have a test war file which is to be deployed on the server: secure-server and virtual-host: secure-host

I deploy my war file but I see the following log

INFO  [org.wildfly.extension.undertow] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 73) WFLYUT0021: Registered web context: '/' for server 'secure-server'

the context root is '/'

when I check the CLI I find the following

[domain@169.254.0.4:9990 /] /host=master/server=master-server/deployment=test_help.war/subsystem=undertow:read-resource

{

"outcome" => "success",

"result" => {

"context-root" => "/test_help",

"server" => "secure-server",

"virtual-host" => "secure-host",

"servlet" => {"equinoxbridgeservlet" => undefined},

"websocket" => undefined

}

}

The jboss-web.xml has the following:

<jboss-web>

<server-instance>secure-server</server-instance>

<virtual-host>secure-host</virtual-host>

</jboss-web>

When I change the configuration and load it in the default-server and default-host the context root is fine.

INFO  [org.wildfly.extension.undertow] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 75) WFLYUT0021: Registered web context: '/test_help' for server 'default-server'

What would be wrong in the configuration?

Message was edited by: Collin Aranha

Finally found the reason behind it.

I had set the <host name="secure-host" default-web-module="test_help.war">

When debugged in the code of org/wildfly/extension/undertow/deployment/UndertowDeploymentInfoService.java   

/*     This is to address WFLY-1894 but should probably be moved to some other place.     */   

private String resolveContextPath() {       

if (deploymentName.equals(host.getValue().getDefaultWebModule())) {     

return "/";     

} else {     

return contextPath;     

}     }

So if the default web module is specified then the context-root gets set to "/" due to this my configuration was not working.