1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 22, 2018 1:10 PM by steveedens

What is the shortest and straightest path to enable jBPM runtime persistence?

steveedens

I am looking for a very simple guide to enabling and testing the runtime persistence of the jBPM product.

After reading the docs on BPM 7.9,   I'm confused about exactly how to proceed to enable simple runtime process persistence.

I think, there is a creation of a jBPM.properties file, as per the docs, and then there is some customization of the Samp-Server.xml for each project where persistence should be enabled.

Any thoughts?...   What am i missing and do you customize the Kieserver XML element for each project?   How so?

In short, I would like to have POC demo examples persisted from day to day when i bring up the jBPM engine... the start.bat..

• 1. Re: What is the shortest and straightest path to enable jBPM runtime persistence?
          steveedens

On jBPM 7.9.0, and now on 7.10.0 there are a few tips on the jBPM welcome page, over to the right.    Specifically, there is a bat and script provided in jBPM and found in the bin file.    This script does a pretty good job of converting jBPM over to MySQL.    However, the migration is not complete.   There are some continued references to the H2 database in the Standalone.xml file.       I see references to H2 when i inspect the start up logging for jBPM and finally....  and perhaps most irritating for me,    When i look at a Project Process ( workflow ) in the designer i see that the "Persistence" options still say that they are using H2 for a Hibernate Dialect.     I am not sure what this does  or what really happens when the option is deleted in the Workbench Process Designer.      I have run a few tests and i'm not sure i see bugs.     All in all.. it is pretty nice to move jBPM over to MySQL.    It seems to work well for the purposes of my Proof of Concept.