0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2018 11:34 AM by Aidan Pasquale

    JBoss EAP 7.1.0 JMS Bridge Error: Failed to read challenge file

    Aidan Pasquale Newbie

      I am trying to connect two machines both running JBoss EAP 7.1.0 using a JMS bridge. Machine 1 is to act as a web server and has a WAR file deployed which is accessible, and Machine 2 is to act as the app server and has all the necessary components deployed just fine.

      This is the error I am receiving:

      WARN [org.apache.activemq.artemis.jms.bridge] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 72) AMQ342010: Failed to connect JMS Bridge N/A: javax.naming.CommunicationException: WFNAM00018: Failed to connect to remote host [Root exception is javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Authentication failed: all available authentication mechanisms failed: JBOSS-LOCAL-USER: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: ELY05128: [JBOSS-LOCAL-USER] Failed to read challenge file [Caused by java.io.FileNotFoundException: /.../.../jboss/standalone/tmp/auth/local3093626581916142639.challenge (No such file or directory)]] at org.wildfly.naming.client.remote.RemoteNamingProvider.getPeerIdentityForNaming(RemoteNamingProvider.java:110) at org.wildfly.naming.client.remote.RemoteNamingProvider.getPeerIdentityForNaming(RemoteNamingProvider.java:53) at org.wildfly.naming.client.NamingProvider.getPeerIdentityForNamingUsingRetry(NamingProvider.java:105) at org.wildfly.naming.client.remote.RemoteNamingProvider.getPeerIdentityForNamingUsingRetry(RemoteNamingProvider.java:91) at org.wildfly.naming.client.remote.RemoteContext.lambda$lookupNative$0(RemoteContext.java:189) at org.wildfly.naming.client.NamingProvider.performExceptionAction(NamingProvider.java:222) at org.wildfly.naming.client.remote.RemoteContext.performWithRetry(RemoteContext.java:100) at org.wildfly.naming.client.remote.RemoteContext.lookupNative(RemoteContext.java:188) at org.wildfly.naming.client.AbstractFederatingContext.lookup(AbstractFederatingContext.java:74) at org.wildfly.naming.client.AbstractFederatingContext.lookup(AbstractFederatingContext.java:60) at org.wildfly.naming.client.WildFlyRootContext.lookup(WildFlyRootContext.java:144) at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:417) at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:417) at org.apache.activemq.artemis.jms.bridge.impl.JNDIFactorySupport.createObject(JNDIFactorySupport.java:46) at org.apache.activemq.artemis.jms.bridge.impl.JNDIDestinationFactory.createDestination(JNDIDestinationFactory.java:32) at org.apache.activemq.artemis.jms.bridge.impl.JMSBridgeImpl.setupJMSObjects(JMSBridgeImpl.java:1072) at org.apache.activemq.artemis.jms.bridge.impl.JMSBridgeImpl.start(JMSBridgeImpl.java:398) at org.wildfly.extension.messaging.activemq.jms.bridge.JMSBridgeService.startBridge(JMSBridgeService.java:114) at org.wildfly.extension.messaging.activemq.jms.bridge.JMSBridgeService$1.run(JMSBridgeService.java:84) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) at org.jboss.threads.JBossThread.run(JBossThread.java:320)

      The connection to the target machine (application server) is being made as the path to JBoss is that of the path on the machine, which I verified by testing with a Windows application server environment and the path was the correct Windows path to the directory where the challenge file should be, so clearly the connection is being made as the directories are being accessed. However, the .challenge file isn't present each time which understandably causes the error message.

      I have scoured SO and JBoss forums for days now and nothing is resolving my issue.

      I saw this post: java - JBOSS-LOCAL-USER: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Failed to read server challenge - Stack Overflow

      This is the same issue that I am facing, but the answer which was marked as correct doesn't help me very much. The solution, in this case, was to replace the default ApplicationRealm with a JAAS realm, but I do not know if this is what I need, and I certainly do not currently have one. I did research it, but it seemed to not be applicable to my setup, but I could be wrong.

      I also tried this solution: https://access.redhat.com/solutions/3209281 (Subscription only access)

      This solution was to remove default-user="$local" from here:

      <security-realm name="ApplicationRealm"> <authentication> <local default-user="$local" allowed-users="*" skip-group-loading="true"/>

      I did this to both standalone-full.xml files on both machines, and it appeared to make no difference at all.

      I have created application users on both machines and given them superuser privileges through the JBoss console as I figured it was probably an issue with permissions when trying to write the file but this too was to no avail. I have also verified that both user credentials are correct.