2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2002 9:07 PM by bzarnett

EJB Deployment Issue

bzarnett

A company I am working for has asked me to evaluate JBoss as a potential EJB server. I wrote a simple EJB and tried to deploy it but I have been getting the following error.

Does anyone have an idea of what this means? The error is not very clear to detailing what the issue is. It looks like a problem with the jboss.xml or ejb-jar.xml files but they seem fine and the message is not that helpful.

This is running on Mac OS/X 10.1.2 and the version of jBoss is 2.4.4

The error is...

INFO,ContainerFactory] Deploying:file:/Users/bzarnett/Public/JBoss-2.4.4/tmp/deploy/Default/controllerexample.jar
      [ERROR,ContainerFactory] DeploymentError
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException, Cause: sun.io.MalformedInputException
      at org.jboss.metadata.XmlFileLoader.getDocument(XmlFileLoader.java:270)
      at org.jboss.metadata.XmlFileLoader.getDocumentFromURL(XmlFileLoader.java:226)
      at org.jboss.metadata.XmlFileLoader.load(XmlFileLoader.java:143)
      at org.jboss.ejb.ContainerFactory.deploy(ContainerFactory.java:436)
      at org.jboss.ejb.ContainerFactory.deploy(ContainerFactory.java:369)
      at org.jboss.ejb.ContainerFactory.deploy(ContainerFactory.java:306)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
      at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
      at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
      at org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.startModules(J2eeDeployer.java:487)
      at org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.startApplication(J2eeDeployer.java:459)
      at org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.deploy(J2eeDeployer.java:190)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
      at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)
      at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
      at org.jboss.deployment.AutoDeployer.deploy(AutoDeployer.java:395)
      at org.jboss.deployment.AutoDeployer.run(AutoDeployer.java:233)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:496)
      [ERROR,J2eeDeployer] Starting controllerexample.jar failed!

• 1. Re: EJB Deployment Issue

Hi,

Looks a bit nasty - that implies there is some low-level character encoding problem in one of your files. From sun.io.MalformedInputException.java:

" The input string or input byte array to a character conversion contains a malformed sequence of characters or bytes."

Have you tried to get an existing example to work first? Or have you tried your example on a different platform/JVM?

Luke.

• 2. Re: EJB Deployment Issue
            bzarnett

I looked at both files through vi and had some weird characters in the file. Removed them but I'm still having problems. I'm going to try rewriting some of the files to see what happens.

Something somwhere went wacko!

B.