0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2018 7:10 AM by vape8001

How to deploy and debug projects from EAR archive with JBoss developer studio on EAP 6.1

vape8001

Hi,

I'm new on JBoss studio and would like to know how to deploy ear project from IDE to JBoss server.

1.) I have a JBoss EAP 6.1 on my local disk  c:\jbos-eap-6.1\

this is the copy of my production server (it has some jars and ears installed on it). I can see the installed files with JBoss console:

Now.. I have installed JBossStudio and have set up my projects and have set up a server.

From my IDE I now want to deploy the ear file so I go to the project "branch" and on the "mcs-ear-xxxx" I select "Mark as Deployable" right?

The project is then displayed under my JBoss server....

Is this the right approach to deploy EAR files (projects) on EAP?

If now I press stop or undeploy on the mcs-ear.xxxx.ear project I got this response in the console

Now If I try to invoke a webservice which is a part of this project I get:

And this is ok...

Now I have repeated the step like this:

but the web services are not available.. I got the error page..

Do I need to restart the JBoss instance from the "servers" menu? Is this ok?

If I try to restart the server from the menu then...

I got this in the Progress menu...

and

some error logs:

"

12:54:06,866 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015014: Re-attempting failed deployment zookeeper.jar

12:54:07,065 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015010: The deployment scanner found a directory named META-INF that was not inside a directory whose name ends with .ear, .jar, .rar, .sar or .war. This is likely the result of unzipping an archive directly inside the C:\jboss-eap-6.1\standalone directory, which is a user error. The META-INF directory will not be scanned for deployments, but it is possible that the scanner mayfind other files from the unzipped archive and attempt to deploy them, leading to errors.

12:54:07,066 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015010: The deployment scanner found a directory named WEB-INF that was not inside a directory whose name ends with .ear, .jar, .rar, .sar or .war. This is likely the result of unzipping an archive directly inside the C:\jboss-eap-6.1\standalone directory, which is a user error. The WEB-INF directory will not be scanned for deployments, but it is possible that the scanner mayfind other files from the unzipped archive and attempt to deploy them, leading to errors.

12:54:16,428 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (management-handler-thread - 4) JBAS014613: Operation ("add") failed - address: ([("deployment" => "standalone-full.xml")]) - failure description: "JBAS014803: Duplicate resource [(\"deployment\" => \"standalone-full.xml\")]"

"

Now the only solution to restart the server is to manually remove two files from /jboss-eap-6.1/standalone/deploy  folder and restart the JBoss...

I don't know if this approach is right?

For example, If I install all the ears, jars over the management console I got no error.

So my question is why I can't deploy the exact same EAR from JBossStudio to EAP (got error) and why I don't get error if I deploy the same EAR manualy trough Jboss Management console?

Also I'm searching for some tutorial on how to debug a pice of code in JbossDeveloper using Jboss EAP as server..

thank you for any help