0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2018 12:45 PM by pcarrollnf

SPNEGO Multiple Login Attempts IE

pcarrollnf

Hello,

I am using Wildfly 14.0.1 with JDK 11.0.1.  I have SPNEGO configured with FORM fallback.  Everything is working fine in terms of login.  If I am on the correct domain and a valid user for the application, I am authenticated to access the application.  If I am not a valid user, then I get the application's login page.  However, when I am using IE and the application falls back to FORM, the login page has broken images and JavaScript files are not loaded.  When I look in the log, I can see that there are failed login attempts for each image and .js file on the login page.

[com.mycompany.loginhandler.LoginLogoutReceiver] (default task-1) User login failed: ELY06003: An authentication attempt failed validation.
      [com.mycompany.loginhandler.LoginLogoutReceiver] (default task-1) User login failed: ELY06003: An authentication attempt failed validation.
      [com.mycompany.loginhandler.LoginLogoutReceiver] (default task-2) User login failed: ELY06003: An authentication attempt failed validation.
      [com.mycompany.loginhandler.LoginLogoutReceiver] (default task-4) User login failed: ELY06003: An authentication attempt failed validation.
      [com.mycompany.loginhandler.LoginLogoutReceiver] (default task-3) User login failed: ELY06003: An authentication attempt failed validation.

When Wildfly is configured for FORM authentication only, the login page displays correctly and there is only one failed login attempt in the log.

The following is my web.xml.

<login-config>
        <auth-method>SPNEGO,FORM</auth-method>
        <realm-name>mycompany</realm-name>
        <form-login-config>
          <form-login-page>/login.jsp</form-login-page>
          <form-error-page>/login.jsp</form-error-page>
        </form-login-config>
      </login-config>

The login page is displayed correctly in Chrome and Firefox when SPNEGO is configured with FORM fallback.

Is this something that involves Wildfly SPNEGO configuration or within the WildFly Elytron code.  Or is this something that I should look into on an IE forum?

Thanks