1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 9, 2019 7:36 PM by Matthew Satti

jBPM and Java 1.8

Matthew Satti Newbie

Hi all,

First of all, apologies if this isn't the right place to post this, I'm fairly new to the KIE Suite

I am running a Java EE web application and I'm having trouble compiling a bunch of .bpmn files that contain Java script nodes.

When I attempt to compile the flows, I get errors saying

Syntax error, <offending syntax> only available if source level is 1.5 or greater

I am using Java 1.8 and version 7.15.0 for .jar's related to Drools/jBPM/KIE

My project is structured with the .bpmn files inside src/main/resources and I have a kmodule.xml inside src/main/resources/META-INF/kmodule.xml

The contents of my kmodule are as followed:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <kmodule xmlns="http://jboss.org/kie/6.0.0/kmodule" />

I am then creating a KieSession object in the java code.

public KieSession getKieSession() {
        KieServices kieServices = KieServices.Factory.get();
        KieBaseConfiguration kieBaseConfiguration = kieServices.newKieBaseConfiguration();
        kieBaseConfiguration.setProperty("drools.dialect.java.lngLevel", "1.8");
        return kieServices.getKieClasspathContainer().newKieBase(kieBaseConfiguration).newKieSession();
      }

Line 4 was my attempt at trying to set the Java language level, however this didn't work. I looked at the documentation here: KIE :: Public API 7.15.0.Final API

and it seems that property was for an older version (KnowledgeBuilderConfiguration (Knowledge API 5.2.0-SNAPSHOT API)), it doesn't exist anymore. My question is how do I configure KIE to compile using Java 1.8?

• 1. Re: jBPM and Java 1.8
          Matthew Satti Newbie

It turns out an old ecj dependency was being pulled in via one of the project dependencies. I added the following to my pom.xml to override the dependency:

<dependency>

<groupId>org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler</groupId>

<artifactId>ecj</artifactId>

<version>4.6.1</version>

</dependency>

and now it compiles properly