2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2019 9:49 AM by mukuls1993

ModuleNotFound Exception in Wildfly 14

mukuls1993

Hi ,

I am trying to migrate my application from JBoss 6.4 to Wildfly 14 . In the deployement structure xml file  , i am able to find the module dependencies of 'org.jboss.common-core' , 'org.jboss.sasl' ,'org.jboss.netty'   - Here when i try to deploy the application in Wildfly 14 , I am getting the below error :

ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-8) MSC000001: Failed to start service jboss.module.service."deployment.rules.ear".main: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.module.service."deployment.rules.ear".main: WFLYSRV0179: Failed to load module: deployment.rules.ear
      at org.jboss.as.server.moduleservice.ModuleLoadService.start(ModuleLoadService.java:89) [wildfly-server-6.0.2.Final.jar:6.0.2.Final]
      at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1736) [jboss-msc-1.4.3.Final.jar:1.4.3.Final]
      at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.execute(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1698) [jboss-msc-1.4.3.Final.jar:1.4.3.Final]
      at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$ControllerTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1556) [jboss-msc-1.4.3.Final.jar:1.4.3.Final]
      at org.jboss.threads.ContextClassLoaderSavingRunnable.run(ContextClassLoaderSavingRunnable.java:35) [jboss-threads-2.3.2.Final.jar:2.3.2.Final]
      at org.jboss.threads.EnhancedQueueExecutor.safeRun(EnhancedQueueExecutor.java:1985) [jboss-threads-2.3.2.Final.jar:2.3.2.Final]
      at org.jboss.threads.EnhancedQueueExecutor$ThreadBody.doRunTask(EnhancedQueueExecutor.java:1487) [jboss-threads-2.3.2.Final.jar:2.3.2.Final]
      at org.jboss.threads.EnhancedQueueExecutor$ThreadBody.run(EnhancedQueueExecutor.java:1364) [jboss-threads-2.3.2.Final.jar:2.3.2.Final]
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [rt.jar:1.8.0_171]
      Caused by: org.jboss.modules.ModuleNotFoundException: org.jboss.common-core
      at org.jboss.modules.Module.addPaths(Module.java:1266) [jboss-modules.jar:1.8.6.Final]
      at org.jboss.modules.Module.link(Module.java:1622) [jboss-modules.jar:1.8.6.Final]
      at org.jboss.modules.Module.relinkIfNecessary(Module.java:1650) [jboss-modules.jar:1.8.6.Final]
      at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.loadModule(ModuleLoader.java:296) [jboss-modules.jar:1.8.6.Final]
      at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.loadModule(ModuleLoader.java:280) [jboss-modules.jar:1.8.6.Final]
      at org.jboss.as.server.moduleservice.ModuleLoadService.start(ModuleLoadService.java:66) [wildfly-server-6.0.2.Final.jar:6.0.2.Final]

I could understand that 'org.jboss.common-core' , 'org.jboss.sasl' ,'org.jboss.netty'  these system modules are not available by default within the internal modules of Wildfly14 . Is there any upgrade version or alternatives available for these modules in Wildfly 14 ? Kindly help & Support

• 1. Re: ModuleNotFound Exception in Wildfly 14
          simkam

Hi,

you could remove those modules from j-d-s.xml and look for ClassNotFound errors to see what classes they need. Perhaps they have been moved to some other modules.

Modules org.jboss.common-core and org.jboss.netty were marked private in JBoss EAP 6.4. Property jboss.api=private in module.xml, you should also see warning in server log file. Your application shouldn't depend on private modules, they can be changed/removed any time.

Module org.jboss.sasl was marked as deprecated (jboss.api=deprecated). It was probably removed in JBoss EAP 7 (which is based on WildFly 10). I'm not sure if there is any replacement.

• 2. Re: ModuleNotFound Exception in Wildfly 14
            mukuls1993

Thanks a lot for the support Martin . Will try out the steps you have provided .