0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2019 9:45 AM by mergehell

Request problem between 2 components during Wildfly 15 startup

mergehell

Hi,

I'm using Wildfly 15.0.0.Final. I have 2 components in a server-group, let's call them controller and client

The client component depends on the controller. During the deployment of client it makes a http request to controller (inside a class annotated with @PostConstruct). The request looks like it's have been made however it doesn't hit the controller's endpoint. After the timeout for this request is consumed, a couple of things happen:

• RestEasy throws an exception due to this timeout in the request (logically)
      • Wildfly marks the client.war as undeployed telling that there was a problem
      • Then the request is triggered and it hits the controller's endpoint.

So, in summary... It looks like when client is being deployed, controller is not available yet (or it hasn't been really deployed yet?) and cannot accept any request, however Wildfly keeps that request (in a stand by mode maybe?) until the startup has finished.

I realised of this problem because we are moving from Wildfly 10 to 15, and in Wildfly 10 it was working fine. I'm probably missing something in the configuration but cannot figure out what.

Has the control of setting a component as deployed or not changed? Looks like in Wildfly 10, a startup would be:

1. deploying controller

2. controller deployed

3. deploying client

4. client deployed

while in Wildfly 15 is:

1. deploying controller

2. deploying client

3. controller deployed

4. client deployed

Thanks.